Oops! Jonathan and I recorded this assuming WordPress would be released March 10th, and then the day comes and goes without even a release candidate. Our bad…
Otherwise, we discussed:
- Jonathan’s June speech at the 3rd International Plagiarism Conference at Northumbria University in Newcastle-upon-tyne, UK.
- Charles’ presentation of WordPress for Podcasters at the New Media Expo in Las Vegas in August.
- Continued preparation for WordCamp Dallas, March 29 and 30 in Frisco, Texas. Any attendees registering after this Friday aren’t guaranteed event t-shirts.
- As previously mentioned, we discuss WordPress 2.5 which we’d expected to have been released to coincide with this episode.
- Vote for WordPress in the Publishing and Photography category in the 2008 Webware 100.
- Lorelle is away speaking to the San Francisco chapter of the Romance Writers of America, so no WordPress.com news this episode. :(
- WP Spam Blocker seems useful, using AJAX and time hashes to prove your commenters are human without using CAPTCHAs, but the blatant linkage gives me pause.
- WordPress Tweaks rolls lots of little, useful tweaks into one plugin.
- This episodes feedback poll: “Should the podcast limit itself to purely WordPress-related news?”
- Simon Jones asks, “Are bots are taking down my blog?”
- Glenn Pendleton asks, “Is Install4Free on the up and up?”
- Jonathan responds to a trackback related to U.S. copyright law.