Matt Mullenweg sits down for another interview, this time discussing subjects like:
- The makeup of Automattic, inc. and the struggles of running a virtual company.
- WordPress as a security target.
- Blog statistics and marketshare.
- Movable Type‘s GPL vs. WordPress’ GPL.
- Where he thinks could be improved in future versions of WordPress.
- What to expect when WordPress 2.7 is released.
- Matt responds to Glenn Bennett’s question about upgrading and the Ubuntu model.
- Possibly setting up a mailing list to police plugin repository commits.
- The explosion of WordCamps this year, and the mindset behind them.
- Matt weighs in on whether or not WordCamps should be governed by a broad set of rules.
Following the interview:
- Automattic acquires Intense Debate
- WordPress.com FAQ Gets Screencasts: The WordPress.com FAQ now has screencasts on their guide posts helping WordPress.com users.
- Sticky Posts for WordPress.com bloggers: WordPress.com announced sticky posts for its members.
- WordPress.com August 2008 Stats: The August Wrap-Up for statistics on WordPress.com is out, and WordPress.com crossed the four million blogs recently.
- New Theme for WordPress.com Members: The Albeo Theme designed by Elena at Design Disease is now on WordPress.com.
- WordCamp Live Bloggers and Reporters Wanted: The WordCamp Report is looking for WordCamp event local bloggers to live blog and report on the WordCamp they are attending.
- Learn More About WordCamps: WordCamp Central, The WordCamp Report, Blog Herald WordPress Wednesday News, Yahoo Upcoming events for WordPress, and WordPress Meetup Group Listings from Meetup.com.