Episode 46: WordPress 2.7 preview, Automattic aquires PollDaddy, Podcasting for Dummies and Practical Web Design Magazine
Podcast: Play in new window
- WordPress 2.7 is set for release November 10th.
- Automattic acquires PollDaddy, polls integrated into WordPress.com blogs.
- The WordPress Podcast was mentioned favorably in both Podcasting for Dummies (2nd edition) and Practical Web Design magazine.
- Please take a few moments to take our new survey and help shape the direction of the podcast going forward.
- Take a sneak peek at our new blog design.
- The Amazon S3 Plugin allows you to use Amazon’s Simple Storage Service to host your media for your WordPress-powered blog.
- MobilePress will render your WordPress blog on mobile handsets, with the ability to use customized themes. The plugin also allows specific themes for specific devices/mobile browsers, such as iPhone, Opera Mini, Windows CE Mobile and other generic handset browsers.
- We attempt to answer Joel Mark Witt‘s question, “How the heck do I turn off commenting for my entire WordPress blog past and future posts?” We, in turn, ask our listeners if there’s an easier way than a MySQL query to accomplish this.
- There are only a few WordCamps left before the end of the year: WordCamp Charlotte (not mentioned in the audio), WordCamp Israel, WordCamp Ed DC and WordCamp Australia.
This entry was posted in Podcast
and tagged Automattic
. Bookmark the permalink