In this episode:
- We’re joined by Mark Jaquith, WordPress Ninja at b5media and core developer.
- We discuss the release of WordPress 2.6.5, which fixes for a very obscure security bug and three more bugs.
- We warn of a bogus WordPress 2.6.4 version out there.
- We congratulate Ben Dunkle and Verena Segert, winners of the Project Icon contest.
- We weigh in on the controversy surrounding WordPress Direct, a service that, although not affiliated with the official WordPress project, nonetheless uses WordPress to provide blogs along with content from subjects of the owner’s choice (Splogging?).
- Mark walks us through several new features offered by WordPress 2.7, which is currently in Beta and soon to advance to release candidate stage.
- A reminder to let us know how we’re doing by taking a quick survey.